Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips from SERVPRO of Hazel Park
Any kind of water damage emergency to your Warren, Michigan property is a stressful event. SERVPRO of Hazel Park knows that after finding water damage, you are trying to remain calm and plan your next move. After making sure that everyone is safe and calling for professional assistance, there are a few tips to keep in mind to make the time before we arrive a bit easier. Remember, that electric hazards are present! Objects that have been damaged are going to be much heavier than they were so, be very careful when attempting to lift them.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (248) 556-4200
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.