16 Fireworks Safety Tips
16 FIREWORKS SAFETY TIPS
The National Council on Fireworks Safety’s (NCFS) mission is to educate the public on the safe use of fireworks and encourages consumers to follow the following safety tips before engaging in fireworks celebrations:
1. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
2. Know your fireworks – Read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
3. A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
4. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
5. Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
6. Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
7. Do not hold a fireworks item in your hand.
8. Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
9. Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water before you discard it.
10. After purchasing fireworks, always store them in a cool, dry place.
11. When using fireworks always have a connected hose, bucket of water, or other water source nearby.
12. Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers.
13. Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
14. Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trashcan away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
15. Ensure all pets and animals are away from fireworks noise.
16. With the rise in stress-related disorders affecting American service men and women, pay special consideration to individuals who may be sensitive to loud noises in proximity to your fireworks show.
If you have any questions regarding how to properly use fireworks we encourage you to consult your local dealer.
About The National Council on Fireworks Safety – The National Council on Fireworks Safety is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public about the safe and responsible enjoyment of consumer fireworks. For more information, visit http://www.fireworkssafety.org.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Hazel Park is strategically located to respond quickly to your flood and water emergency event. When fire damage occurs in Hazel Park, Warren, Royal Oak, or Madison Heights, we have the resources and personnel to help. Call us today! (248) 556-4200