The winter season is in full swing- the days are shorter and the temperature is lower. No matter where you live, winter brings a change in weather. In an effort to keep our homes and workplaces cozy, many people use alternative heat sources like fireplaces, portable space heaters and wood burning stoves. Heating is the second leading cause of home fire deaths, making it important to review ways to help reduce the risk of a heating related fire.
- Maintain heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected annually by a qualified professional.
- Use heating equipment that has the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
- All heaters need space. Keep flammable objects at least three feet away from the heating equipment.
- Plug space heaters directly into outlets, never into an extension cord or power strip.
- When using fuel-burning heaters, use only the type of fuel specified by the manufacturer.
- Install and maintain carbon monoxide and smoke alarms inside your home and business. Test alarms monthly.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Hazel Park is strategically located to respond quickly to your storm, flood, water, or fire emergency event. When an emergency occurs in Hazel Park, Warren, Madison Heights or Detroit, we have the resources and personnel to help. Call us today! (248) 556-4200